Sunday, June 10, 2007

Chicken and Couscous Salad

I make a big fat batch of this and eat it straight out of the tupperware for lunch for a couple of days. (Adapted from a recipe I saw on Everyday Food). It is so fresh and tasty and easy to make. (For those of you who read my blog, it's a repeat! Sowwy)

Chicken and Couscous Salad (perfect for a hot summer's day.)
Ingredients:
1 box couscous, any flavor (I've used quinoa too, when I was cutting wheat from my diet)
1-2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use Rotisserie- the guy at the Rotisserie/deli section of the grocery store practically knows my name now)
1- 8 oz can pineapple chunks (juice reserved)
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 scallions, finely chopped
Juice from 1 lime

1. Cook the couscous according to box directions, let cool.
2. Mix cooled couscous and the rest of the ingredients. Add as much or little of the pineapple juice.
3. Enjoy as is, or tightly cover let it sit in refrigerator for an hour or two and eat cold. (I just spread the couscous onto a big plate and let it cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes.)

2 comments:

Lisa Law said...

Yum! That sounds delicious! And easy for DDD evenings! =)

Ningning said...

that sounds yummy! I'm gonna try that.